Have you SEEN this movie? I’m sure you have because it’s from 2009 and I’m always behind on movies, but I watched it last night on my death flight home from New Jersey and had to say it was the highlight of my weekend. I can’t even explain how great a cast this was. Meryl! Steve! Alec! John Krasinski! Home run for sure. If you haven’t seen it, Netflix that ish right now. I don’t even know why it took me so long to see it in the first place. Yes I do. I didn’t know what it was about because we don’t have cable and I never saw a trailer. Whose insane idea was it to not have cable again?! Mine. I’m an idiot.
Archives for February 2011
This past weekend in Alexandria was crazy! So much was learned in this 3 day conference because some of the best trainers and presenters in North America were there. I had over 20 hours of learning so trust that I’m an even smarter trainer than I was last week! Booyah.
You can have 3 people tell you look nice in a day and feel on top of the world. Then you receive a package of gifts from the in-laws that includes a pair of your underwear that fell out of your bag on your last trip to their house. In a plastic baggie. Feels good.
- I love San Francisco. Especially when it’s 45 degrees warmer than the Ville.
- the BART is SOOOO much better than most subways in big cities. It’s warm, the seats are big, and it’s rarely packed.
- That could have something to do with the fact that I’m on it at either midnight or 6 a.m. each time… but that’s neither here nor there.
- TRX. 3 days, 8 or 9 hours each each day, I’m going to be sore.
- I’ll also be a better presenter/trainer/person come Monday.
- Come Monday, it’ll be alright, come Monday, I’ll be holding you tight…
- I frickin’ love these other instructors. We’ve got a good crew here. They’re all SO much better presenters than me.
- Task: Present to all these other presenters that have WAY more experience than me? Sure, no pressure.
- I wish I would have paid more attention in my public speaking class in college. Maybe this wouldn’t feel so daunting.
- Todd Durkin is speaking at our dinner tonight. Yesssss.
- Don’t know Todd Durkin? Well, he’s trained a lot of people, including the past two Super Bowl MVPs. He’s pretty awesome. And motivating.
- My list of books to read has just increased by 5.
- Yep, definitely sore.
- Team building Flag Football? Sure!
- I’ve never seen an entire football game in my life. Or been to one. This should be fun.
- “Ami! BLITZ!!!”
- “Nick, OK! What does that MEAN?!!!!!!”
- I’ll just run back and forth and look busy. Thank you, Fitness Anywhere for bringing kegs.
- Day 3. Exhausted. Time change is kickin’ my ass.
- Final day presenting challenge: Speak for 10 minutes on your life passion. Go.
- This is gonna get heavy.
- Tears, group hugs, we are now closer. And we’ve all got issues.
- Why the F did I book a 7am flight? The BART doesn’t even run until 6am. Super Shuttle it is… for $17. And a pick up time at 4:55 a.m. Awesome.
- YAWN. Super Shuttle 20 minutes late. I could have slept 20 more minutes. grrr.
- Valentine’s Day = Free ‘adult’ beverage on Southwest Airlines. Yes please.
- Oh I remember why I made my flight so early… I’ll get to spend a few hours with Conrad tonight for once. Yessss. Happy V-Day, peeps.
- Pilots, do a good job.
My friend Doug posted this video on Facebook this morning and it made me laugh out loud… a couple of times.
- Are they certified?
- Do they have a degree in a related field?
- Do they listen to your goals?
- Do they make corrections to your form?
- Do they advise you on what to do in the meantime?
- Do they push you or kill you?
- Do they attend continuing education courses/conferences?