Archives for April 2011
Backstory: Easter Sunday at my Brother’s in-law’s house. (Brother’s wife’s parents’ house, keep up here, it’s gonna be one of those) It’s time to leave and since we’re parked in by a bunch of cars, we need to drive around the perimeter of the yard to get over to the driveway and then to the road. It’s been raining, non-stop, every day for the past week or so here so the ground’s really wet. My sister-in-law’s brother left right before me and was told to drive a certain path. When I left, I was told to drive his tracks exactly so I wouldn’t get stuck. No problem, right? As I’m driving, carefully as to not mess up the grass, I get to listen to the hubs and his helpful hints: “don’t go too slow! don’t go too fast!” Aaaaand I’m stuck.
- “North Carolina, c’mon and raise up! Take your shirt off, twist it ’round your head, spin it like a helicopta!”
- Thank you, Petey Pablo, for never letting me hear the words “North Carolina” without singing your stellar lyrics in my head… or out loud for all to hear.
- Saturday: 3:45 pm, arrive at airport
- 3:50 pm see that flight is delayed from 4;45 to 5:20. No biggie. I’ll read.
- 5:45 pm board plane to Baltimore.
- 6:45 pm de-plane. It’s going to be awhile before anybody can go to Baltimore because of all the storms/tornados. I’ll keep reading.
- 10:00pm re-board plane. Thank you Southwest Airlines for my free wine.
- 12:00am arrive in Baltimore to catch my plane to Raleigh/Durham. I’m gettin’ sleepy.
- 1:00am. Plane arrives, pilots timed out. Flight to Raleigh/Durham cancelled.
- 2:00am leave Baltimore in rental car for the 300 mile drive to Chapel Hill. Luckily, the roads are empty and the rain has stopped. Un-luckily, I’m tired as ish.
- Why have I seen 6 people walking on the freeway since I’ve started driving? In 3 different places…
- 4:30am Pull in to McDonald’s (don’t judge me, I had no other choice, nothing was open) for a coffee and a coke. I needed caffeine so I didn’t drive off the road.
- 5:00am regret my previous choice. I don’t drink either of those very often so now my stomach hates me. But I’m awake, so I guess I’ll be glad of that.
- 7:00am pull into Chapel Hill parking lot. It’s beautiful here. Recline seat. Fall asleep.
- 8:00am get up, go into Studio 54 East, wash my face, brush my teeth, change my clothes. Teach a full TRX Certification course to 21 trainers/instructors.
- This is the cutest studio I’ve ever seen. With the sweetest owner I’ve ever met. She bought me a breakfast sandwhich and protein bar too! I love you, Katie.
- 5:00pm head to Raleigh/Durham airport.
- 6:30pm board plane to Baltimore.
- 8:30pm fall asleep in BWI airport with head in hand.
- 9:30pm wake up (with huge red area on my forehead, I’m sure) to find our flight is delayed. Awesome.
- 10:30pm take off. I fall asleep on the edge of the seat of the old guy next to me. I. Dont. Care.
- 12:30am arrive in Louisville.
- 1:00am head hits pillow.
Since I promised you I’d post some photos of our dress-up-dance-costume-party in NYC last weekend… here ya go: